Consultants Give Back at ALA, June 24, 1:30-5:30
I am one of several consultants participating in the free consulting sessions being provided as part of the Consultants Give Back programs delivered at the major conferences. The date for CGB at ALA Anaheim is Sunday, June 24th from 1:30-5:30 at the Conference Center, Room 203B.
I had hoped that our co-sponsors (ASCLA and PLA) would provide a handy webpagethat listed the consultants participating but evidently simple webpages are hard to come by! Instead, there is a downloadable PDF (grrrr) circulating (somewhere) as a press release. Good luck finding it!
So, for your convenience, I offer the following list. Please contact the consultant directly if you'd like to make an appointment at the Conference.
Lori Bowen Ayre, The Galecia Group
- Open source software (Koha, Evergreen, Fulfillment) evaluation and planning; materials handling workflow optimization, automated materials handling and RFID assessment, selection, and ROI.
Carson Block, Carson Block LLC
- Technology; technology inspiration, strategy and planning; tech for new construction and remodel projects; IT department and staff analysis; eBooks; technology project management
Kimberly Bolan Cullin, Kimberly Bolan and Associates
- Facilities planning and design — new buildings as well as rethinking and redesigning existing space; 21st century library services and planning; children's and teen services and space design
Nancy Bolt, Nancy Bolt & Associates
- Strategic and long-range planning (certified by the Association of Strategic Planning); project development, management, and evaluation; international library development; grant writing; advocacy training.
Anders C. Dahlgren, Library Planning Associates, Inc.
Nancy H. Davis, The Ivy Group
- Branding and marketing; community assessment; strategic planning; board development
Carole D. Fiore, Training and Library Consulting
- Service to children, tweens, and teens and their parents, teachers, and caregivers; early, emergent, and family literacy; long range and strategic planning.
Cheryl Gould, Fully Engaged Libraries
- Management training to support a culture of innovation; organizational change; customer service; high performing teams; bringing improvisation skills to the workplace to create a "yes, and" environment for customers and staff
Carl Grant, CARE Affiliates LLC
- Library automation systems; cloud computing; discovery tools; digital preservation; open source software.
David L Gray, Gray Public Relations & Marketing
- Advertising, marketing, public relations; special events; trustee relations
Catherine Hakala-Ausperk, LibrariesThrive
- Management, supervision, and teamwork; strategic planning; communication.
Dr. Ken Haycock, Ken Haycock & Associates Inc.
- Governance; advocacy; succession management; strategic planning; executive search.
- Library planning; architecture linkages between K-12 education and libraries; sustainability; ecological restoration and habitat certifications for library landscape; community libraries and climate change; librarians leading the way to community based climate change solutions.
Carol Linn, Linn & Logan Consulting, Inc.
- Planning renovations and new buildings; technology
Stephen C. Maac, REAP Change Consultants
- Call 310-384-9717 to arrange.
- LSTA/IMLS grant/program evaluations; focus groups; surveys; community needs assessments; strategic planning.
Sam McBane Mulford, ideation • collaborative
- Strategy, process design and facilitation; planning (strategic, initiatives and projects); analytics
James Minges, Minges & Associates
- Strategic planning; board development; program assessment; open source library systems.
Elaina Norlin, Knowledge is Power
- Grant writing; presentation skills; marketing plans; leadership skill training.
Gail Schlachter, Reference Service Press
- Financial aid for students working on an undergraduate or graduate degree in any area (including library/information studies)
Paula M. Singer, The Singer Group
- Custom human resource development, compensation, and performance management; leadership development and succession planning to align with strategy; strategic planning;leadership development, coaching, audits of HR programs and services.
Melissa Stockton, Quipu Group, LLC
- Selection, negotiation and implementation of proprietary and open source ILS solutions; technology project planning & management; data migration.
Also available but missing from the ASCLA/PLA Press Release (so far) are five more consultants. I've included their email address for those I have so you can contact them as well: