PaILS is a consortium in Pennsylvania which provides a shared Evergreen system for 37 library systems across the state. The engagement included:
- assessing existing services and operations
- re-evaluating the PaILS Mission Statement
- reformulating the PaILS Vision Statement
- identifying strategic priorities and developing activities to support them
- developing a plan to address challenges related to the need for stable funding for the disparate needs of a diverse group of libraries
- developing cost share formula that more accurately reflects current environment and supports sustainability
This work was led by Lori Bowen Ayre with Galecia Associates Lucien Kress and Sam McBane Mulford. The final deliverables included a recommendations document which served as the basis for a Strategic Plan which the consortium adopted. We then worked with them to develop a formal Strategic Plan used to guide the organization over the next 3-5 years.