The Galecia Group has been helping public libraries leverage their use of existing and new technologies since 2000. Our goal is to ensure libraries use people to perform tasks that people do best, and use technology and automation for tasks that machines do best. Our services fall into three categories:
Library Operations Consulting
- Providing recommendations for automated materials handling systems and RFID that include product specifications, configuration recommendations, cost estimates, cost/benefit analysis, payback periods, and “before and after” staffing scenarios
- Analyzing materials handling and delivery systems to optimize workflows
- LibraryCall - services that allow libraries to reach out to all patrons even those without broadband access. Services include LibraryCall Dial-A-Story Studio, Storytime Direct, and Soundtrack.
- Bookpoints - highly customizable online reading platform for use as Summer Reading Programs as well as other incentive programs
- Supporting libraries involved in civic technology actitivies
- Supporting libraries working with Open Data by providing an Library Data Lab.
- Helping libraries develop virtual service infrastructure so libraries can function effectively during closures